MULTIDISCIPLINAR RESIDENCE ART DELIRIUM
in sunny South East Spain.
January – March 2018
CREATOR Belén Conesa
ORGANIZED by La Postiza / la postiza.com
Human knowledge comes from art says Joseph Beuys.
Every ability comes from human being’s artistic capacity, when he/she is creatively active. Here my idea is to declare that art is the only possibility for evolution, the only possibility to change the situation in the world. But then you have to enlarge the idea of art to include the whole creativity. And if you do that, it follows logically that every living being is an artist – an artist in the sense that he can develop his own capacity. And therefore it’s necessary at first that society cares about the educational system, that equality of opportunity for self-realization is guaranteed. (Joseph Beuys)
Join us in a residency program to work around an “enlarged” concept of art, opening the horizon of creativity beyond the ghetto of art, alluding to the horizontal proposition of Joseph Beuys “every man is an artist.” In that context, everyone will develop their own piece of art according to their interests in a very open context.
This new program will be focused on the extended conception of aesthetics, also on an anthropological theory of creativity, through art. Art as a social outreach and a political-spiritual dimension that will try to show both human being’s precariousness and greatness.
Expectations towards the artist
The artist is expected to develop a project that deals with art from this point of view:
· The use of his artistic ability to show human attitudes or improve some social aspect/s related to the community of La Cueva / Monteagudo, where La Postiza is located.
· According to the idea “opening the horizon of creativity beyond the ghetto of art” your proposal should be an “exhibition” (talk, lecture, performance…) in a non-artistic space, ideally in La Postiza’s surroundings.
· The piece of art must have a political or “spiritual” dimension that will try to show both human being’s precariousness and greatness.
· Every two weeks there will be a round table around your perspectives. The results of the experimentation carried out by you will be part of an action or series of actions in non-artistic spaces according to the result.
The social artist, the conceptual artist and also the utopist, the painter, the sculptor, the graphic designer, the performer, the art theorist, the politician, the poet, the scientist, the dandy, the caveman, the teacher, the charismatic leader, the shaman … all of them will be admitted in the program. Of course, always from an artistic perspective with an artistic result.That was Joseph Beuys’s definition about himself.
Duration of residency
January, 10tht to March 31st, 2018.
Minimum stay: one month. Maximum: three months.
Exhibitions will take place at the end of March 2018.
A traditional house in a historical moorish location: La Cueva (Monteagudo district) MURCIA in a fertile area/farm. A wonderful space in a sunny rural environment, only 10 mins driving, 20/30 mins by bus / bike to Murcia city centre.
A confortable space:
- 3 rooms
- 1 bathroom
- Internet Connection
- 3 Bikes
- Common Areas Cleaning Service
- Small stage
A studio with a big table inside + patio/garden + garage working space.
Fees and support
Three individual rooms and one double room.
Room + exhibition + promotion + support + official certificate (if requested)
- Individual Room : 850 €
- Double Room: 600 € (only for friends / couple)
Early birds before 30th November 2017 : Individual room: 600 € / Double room: 450 €
This is what you will get in return:
- Coexistance with other artists (from one to three).
- The development of an artistic work about human beings’ depths and their ability to live in community, with its virtues and its defects. A work that contributes to improve something.
- Round tables every two weeks with residents and local artists to share your works with the rest and mark some guidelines. And also, about this new concept of art.
- A final exhibition
- Promotion in our networks
- Pick up from the airport/train/bus station
- Information about the area and cultural / touristic Murcia
- Information and driving to several art supplies
La Postiza is not able to offer grants for resident artists at this moment. We can assist artists seeking grants in your country or institution, by providing an invitation letter or preparing a detailed budget.
Here you have some information about getting funding: FUNDING
Please include a short description of the project you intend to work on during your stay at the retreat, as well as a proposal of your involvement with or the activities in the local community (if you are interested), a brief biographical note with bibliographical information, cv, preferred date of arrival and length of stay, the number of persons that will be staying with you, and detailed contact information.
Interested are asked to make applications previously. Residency is not confirmed until payment is received.
Each application will be considered on individual basis and on its own merit. Particular preferences regarding the date of arrival and the length of stay will be taken into account and, if possible, respected. If not, alternative dates will be offered.
We also ask for your personal contribution (only if you want, of course) because we collaborate with Murcia University, Murcia School of Arts and other cultural centres. If you are interested in giving a workshop or lecture about your work or about how art/cultural world is in your home country / home town, just let us know previously.
If you are happy to participate, please, send the application letter, your portfolio & cv to us before 23rd December 2017.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
PROGRAMA DE RESIDENCIA MULTIDISCIPLINAR ART DELIRIUM
Enero – Marzo 2018
Plazo de inscripción: 10-12- 2017
ORGANIZADO por La Postiza / la postiza.com
Trabajaremos sobre las diferentes dimensiones de la obra de Beuys.
Configuraremos un concepto «ampliado» del arte, abriendo el horizonte de la creatividad más allá del ghetto del arte, aludiendo a la proposición horizontal de Joseph Beuys «cada hombre es un artista».
El utopista, el pintor, el escultor, el diseñador gráfico, el performer, el teórico del arte, el político, el poeta, el científico, el dandy, el hombre de las cavernas, el profesor, el líder carismático, el chamán… todo lo que Joseph Beuys fue, será admitido.
Esta residencia dará paso, a través del arte y su concepción ampliada de la estética a una teoría antropológica de la creatividad. «Todo conocimiento humano procede del arte» dice Beuys, toda capacidad procede de la capacidad artística del ser humano, es decir, de ser activo creativamente.
El arte adquiere así un alcance social y una dimensión político-espiritual que intentará dar cuenta tanto de la precariedad como de la grandeza de lo humano.
Si quieres participar envía, por favor, a email@example.com tu portfolio y cv.